Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Inspirations














































One of the great things about creating new art is the inspiration that follows. My windows led to a gift commission and a one-of-a-kind for, well, a one-of-a-kind! I was asked to create a dog/person for a Christmas gift. Now, this is no ordinary dog. Evidently, Ginger the Golden Retriever has a shopping addiction. So, here she is, dressed for a day at the mall (high-end, of course) with a quick stop at PetsMart for some sustenance.

The other figure..the "one of a kind"... is the gift I made my mother. It's true, you know. Parents much prefer the things their children make them. And, evidently, that includes adult children, too. So, here she is, out for an afternoon of gathering at her favorite haunts. Only a few of us would know that she buys more bread and celery than most people would ever need!

Hope your holidays exceeded all expectations! Happy 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Your style is so unique in comparison to other people I've read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this site.

    Also visit my blog post - grobel

    ReplyDelete